Best Electric Toothbrushes
BEST ELECTRIC TOOTHBRUSHES
In recent years, the electric toothbrushes that provide an excellent dental care become very popular. They can help you keep your teeth and gums clean and healthy. However, many models with different features will make you confused in choosing the best one. This writing will help you make right decision.
Here are some considerations to select the best electric toothbrushes
- How does an electric toothbrush work?
Electric toothbrushes typically work by using tufts of nylon bristles to stimulate gums and clean teeth in an oscillating, or rotary, motion. Some tufts are in a circular pattern while others lined up on a row. A good electric toothbrush should have a good performance that run smoothly and consistently.
- How is the operation?
Electric toothbrush operates in two different ways including rechargeable and battery-powered.
– Rechargeable electric toothbrush: Rechargeable electric toothbrush is the kind of electric toothbrush plugged into the wall to recharge. It is rich in features and technology as oscillating-rotating (3D Cleaning Action) or sonic technology.
– Battery powered toothbrush: Battery-powered toothbrush operates base on using AA battery. Although it has design and cost similar to regular manual toothbrush, it has enough vibration to add some extra cleaning action.
- What are the features?
- Brush Timer: This indicates to move the brush to a different part of your mouth or the recommended two-minute clean finished. Some will beep when it is time to stop.
- Speed: Different speeds offer you many options to choose your preference.
- Pressure sensor: This can prevent gum damage if you press too hard by a light or beeping sound.
- Soft-grip handle: The best toothbrush should have a soft grip to make you comfortable to hold and use the toothbrush. It also reduces the vibration when brushing.
- Range of heads: You should choose a toothbrush with a range of heads give you the best brush as interdental, tongue cleaning and teeth brightening styles. A smaller circular head is better to access back teeth.
- Indicator bristles: This feature will alert you to replace the toothbrush head by losing their color into white.
- Charge indicator light: This shows you to recharge your toothbrush.
- Long-term durability: Durability is very important. For best performance, you should replace brush heads every three months and every six months for jet picks.
- How much do they cost?
There is a wide range of price for electric toothbrushes including cheap and expensive depending on the features you expect from them. You should plan a budget to narrow the list. It is highly recommended to see electric toothbrushes as an investment that you can recharge or replace batteries as well as purchase replacement head inexpensively for longevity.
The least expensive electric toothbrushes are battery-operated brushes but you should consider some hidden costs as battery replacement and brush heads replacement. Meanwhile, a rechargeable brush requires replacing brush heads every three months with an expensive cost at $10 or more. However, rechargeable electric toothbrush makes them the best value for quality and durability.
The following products are highly recommended for the outstanding features:
- Oral-B Pro 5000 SmartSeries
The Oral-B Professional 5000 is rechargeable electric toothbrush that keeps the mouth clean with five brushing modes: Daily Clean, Deep Clean, Sensitive, Massage, and Polish.
This toothbrush offers 40,000 plaque-removing, pulsating brush movements per minute by applying superior plaque-fighting technology. The Oral-B SmartSeries uses a dentist-inspired brush head combine with the ample power to surround each tooth for effective and individualized cleaning
The Oral-B comes with a travel case, wireless SmartGuide, toothbrush head holder for family, and a small-footprint charging station. It also offers an ergonomic, rechargeable handle, brush timer of two minutes — three minutes for Deep Clean Mode and a charge indicator.
Costing $124, the Oral-B Pro 5000 SmartSeries is a little bit expensive than others in shortlist but it comes to dental product.
- Pursonic High Power Rechargeable Sonic
This brush features sonic wave technology with 40,000 powerful strokes per minute to get into those tough-to-reach areas to remove plaque and bacteria for brighter and whiter teeth. It offers three modes to choose including Power/Clean, Soft/Gentle, and Massage. The Pursonic is excellent at offering a 30-second vibrate alert to remind you brush each quadrant of the mouth. It is also lightweight and easy-to-hold handle.
This package comes with an S500 rechargeable toothbrush, 12 brush heads and a storage base to hold up to six color-coded brush heads. It also offers a quick charging within one night.
At $49, Pursonic is the lowest electric toothbrush in our shortlist but it provides 12 brush heads for saving cost of replacement.
- The Original Ultrasonic Electric Toothbrush By Smilex
This brush is proud that it will remove food residue and plaque below the gum line as well as reduce plaque by 97 percent in just one brushing, reduce bleeding by 60 percent and gingivitis by 28 percent in 30 days. It can remove food residue and plaque below the gum line by a combination of 18,000 sonic bristle vibrations and 96 million ultrasonic pulses per minute. It is perfectly suitable for people with braces, bridges, or implants, reaching into gum line pockets and penetrating food and plaque buildup.
Using the technology of opposing magnets for vibration, the Smilex can reduce and eliminate plaque buildup without damaging the gum line. It is also lightweight and durable.
This toothbrush uses the dual-frequency technology to promote variation in cleaning, offer consumers the option of using ultrasonic power alone or a combination of ultrasonic/sonic power to thoroughly clean the teeth. This technology also eliminates potentially harmful bacteria on toothbrush bristles. In addition, the battery gives a longer using than the manual’s period of two weeks.
At the price tag of $149, it is the most expensive toothbrush in the shortlist but it is worthy for quality and durability.
There are many options; it will be hard to realize what the best electric toothbrush is. We hope this guide makes you well prepared to determine your need and budget. Remember that the most important thing is not the brush you choose; it is how you use it.