Best Food Processors
BEST FOOD PROCESSORS
Food processor is a useful tool in the kitchen to do the same tasks as chopping, mincing, grinding, pureeing, slicing and shredding very quickly and easier. You will be confused when explore there are many different types of food processors and do not know which one you can pick. Reading this article, it will have you to determine and own a best one.
Here are some considerations to get a best food processor:
- How is the Design & Power?
Food processors with wide and heavy bases are ideal because a wide base will make the processor more stable while the heavy helps processor avoid moving around when it runs.
Before buying, you should make sure the machine you choose is powerful enough for continuous processing and tough duties; for example, chopping raw carrots; otherwise, it may cause to burn out the motor. It is highly recommended to get one with the motor at least 600 watts for a full-sized processor (9 cups or larger).
- How is the Capacity & Equipment
Food processors come in many all sizes from 3 cups to 20 cups to satisfied different needs. Therefore, the size of food processor depends on how much cooking you do and how many people your cooking serve on a regular basis.
Besides the capacity, you should consider to the bowl, the lids and the blades as well.
- The bowl: A food processor with a 2-liter bowl is large enough to handle a wide variety of jobs.
- The lid: The feeding rube of the lid determines the maximum sized piece of food added to the processor.
- The blades: The sharp, multifunctional or quad blades are highly recommended to have efficient performance.
- What are the features?
Many food processors come with some interesting attachments.
- A citrus juicer or a bread dough kneader: this extra allows you turn your processor into a citrus juicer or a bread dough kneader.
- Continuous feed shredder: This attachment helps you to slice or shred as many vegetables you want without having to stop and empty the bowl.
- Touch pad control: make the food processor easier to clean.
- Instructional DVD
- How much do they cost?
There are a wide variety of price from very cheap to quite expensive. The thing you should do is determine what price range you can afford and your needs because a food processor with many extras costs a higher price than a one does not. Before spending money for extras, you should consider whether you would actually use.
The following products are highly recommended for the outstanding features:
- Breville BFP800XL Sous Chef Food Processor
For $398, this machine features with 1200-watt motor, 5.5-inch tube and a built-in LCD auto-timer. It also provides 2 bowls of 2.5 cups and 16 cups, a silicon-sealed bowl that locks into the machine; especially, three different blades and 5 disks that cut anywhere from 0.3 inches to 0.01 inches. In addition, you can make dough with this processor too.
- Braun K650 Multiquick 600-watt Kitchen Machine Food Processor
At the price tag of $229, it seems to be a good deal for a powerful machine with all the attachments and good reputation for quality. It has some highlight features as 600-watt motor, dishwasher-safe, BPA-free plastic accessories, 9-cup capacity. Beside, two slicers, two shredders, a whipping attachment, a dough hook, and even a citrus juicer are available too.
With a built-in safety system, the machine will not work until the lid perfectly fitted to its body. In addition, a highlight feature of this processor is a quite motor.
- Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY 14-Cup Food Processor
Cuisinart provides 720 watts of power and the feed tube is very large that allows you putting a variety of fruits and vegetables into this machine. It offers 14-cup size; a slicing blade, a blade for chopping/mixing, a blade for shredding, and a slicing disk; and a small instruction booklet with recipes as well.
Costing $198, this machine is powerful enough to chop, shred, mix, or puree any ingredients. Finally, you will be impressive with an awesome job on adjusting the motor speed automatically when making dough.
Based on this article, determine your personal preference and budget as well to hunt the best one for you.