Best Office Chairs
BEST OFFICE CHAIRS
An officer spends at least 40 hour per week on working and sitting on an office chair that may cause stress to the structures in the spine. Therefore, a supportive office chair increases productivity and maximizes the efficiency; otherwise, a bad one can lead to back strain, leg problems, and carpal tunnel.
Here are some considerations to pick a best chair:
- How is the comfort and ergonomics?
Comfort is key and top of mind when selecting an office chair because it affects your health and productivity. Ergonomic chairs are designed to suit a range of people but one person in particular. A chair become ergonomic only when it specially suit to an officers’ size and their workstation. Therefore, ergonomic chair provides not only the proper functions but also important aspects of user comfort.
- How is the design and durability?
Materials are usually chosen for all-day comfort and durability (e.g. leather or suede). A breathable fabric is highly recommended because poor design and low-quality materials can cause many problems including back sweating.
- What are the features?
- Seat height: The range of 16 to 21 inches off the floor will work for most people that allow users have their feet flat on the floor, things should be parallel to the ground and forearm even with the height of the desk.
- Seat width and depth: to support user comfortably, the standard wide should be 17-20 inches and an adjustable depth allows users tilt the seat forward or backward to suit their leg length.
- Lumbar support: A lumbar adjustment is very important for user to get the proper fit to support the inward curve of the lower back.
- Backrest: the wide of the backrest should be 12 to 19 inches. It should be adjustable for user to determine the appropriate angle.
- Armrest: should be adjustable to make sure the forearm even with the desk.
- How much do they cost?
It has a wide range of $50 for lower budget to $1000 for a premium chair. Therefore, you should set the budget and pick a price that is worthwhile to invest for a proper chair.
The following products are highly recommended for the outstanding features:
- Raynor Ergohuman
At $628, Raynor Ergohuman seems to be the most durable chair and is specially designed for people who spend over 8 hours a day on sitting down. It is also well fitted to your lower body and suitable for anyone with back pain or spinal injuries. In addition, this chair features with an impressive adjustments and customizability that allows height, armrest, backrest, lumbar support, tilt tension control, rock tension as well as headrest are adjustable. It is also well built with its breathable fabric to prevent causing back-sweat if sitting for long periods.
- SPACE Seating Professional
With a lower price tag of $143, SPACE Seating Professional offers 90% features of the top models including grid dark back and padded black eco leather seat, adjustable lumbar support, adjustable armrest and tilt tension with nylon base managers chair. However, the only one issue is the armrests not being quite as sturdy as Ergohuman,
This article summarizes some tips to help you get a perfect office chair that can contribute to reduce back injuries and make users happy, healthy and productive in the work environment.